Tuesday, November 17, 2009

sheepish.

Okay, I know I haven't really been keeping up with this whole blog thing. It has finally got to the point where there have been stories to tell but I have been to sheepish to post. BUT this story is just too good.

Every Christmas I try to put together a shoebox full of toys and trinkets for Operation Christmas Child. (Which is an amazing organization and I would HIGHLY recommend participating). Calvin's school is also participating so the boss and I got together and were able to do the boxes together. Today Calvin and I opened the packages and packed our boxes full! We had so much fun. I encouraged him to write a little note to the child who will receive the shoebox. This is what he chose to write, well he said and I wrote, he is only six...

Dear Child,

Merry Christmas! Happy Thanksgiving! We love you and Jesus loves you. We hope you like playing with your toys. They are a lot of fun. Have fun going to bed and brushing your teeth. The toothpaste is a little "spicy" and you only need a little bit.

Love, Calvin

No comments:

Post a Comment