Sunday, October 4, 2009

"What are men compared to rocks and mountains?"

Happy Sunday all! Today we were able to attend Dave and Kacie's church. It was absolutely wonderful. The preaching was fantastic and the people were so welcoming. We ate lunch and then headed to Chatsworth. The home of The Duke and Duchess of Devonshire, also a filming location for Pride and Prejudice. Mr Darcy's home to be exact. We walked the grounds and enjoyed breathtaking sights. It was cool and windy and it felt like fall. The house was huge and under repair so I bought some postcards that show it in its true glory. We had so much fun walking about two miles up and around their property. Not even getting close to any edge of their property. It was massive. Sheep roamed freely, people were everywhere, and the brook's waterfall roared in the background. Such a lovely day. OH and Amy climbed a tree. Or, attempted to climb a tree. Quite a feat considering the height of the tree she chose. I took so many pictures that Kacie started pointing things out for me to notice. Faryle and Leslie be proud, you taught me well.



Dave and Kacie


The home of Mr. Darcy

Kacie, Amy and I



Loving the fall weather!


Just for you, Andrea.

Dave and Amy. I love my family.



SHEEP!
We had a huge, wonderful, fantastic dinner. It was wonderful, it had guacamole. Need I say more?

Tonight is the X-Factor, (Kacie is obsessed), and getting ready for our trip to York tomorrow.

We could use all your prayers for safe travel and continued unity. We are having so much fun!

Love you and miss you!

G,C,A,E miss you like crazy! And your postcard is in the mail! (I have so much to tell you about the children's museums we have visited. Just completely fantastic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment