Thursday, October 1, 2009

Stratford and Oxford and Dungeons, OH MY!


Hello all! It's been a crazy crazy weekend filled with laughter, driving, and lots of Kings of Leon. We left Sunday morning for Stratford-upon-Avon, where we went shopping at their local festival. We had our first fish and chips. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to trying it again! Shakespear is doing great. His museum was expensive so we just waved hello and saw the rest of his town. We stayed in this way cute Bed and Breakfast that only had TUBS. That's right. No showers. Just tubs. That was a really interesting. In the mornings we had, well, Dave had a full English breakfast, us girls had eggs and bacon with some delicious Greek yogurt. Yum. Tastes like Mochi-Yo with granola.

On Monday we went to Oxford, LOVED Oxford. We went to The Eagle and Child. Had a beer and enjoyed the history of one of my favorite authors. Took some amazing pictures that I will post when gmail wants to be my friend. That night we went to an indian restaurant and enjoyed some authentic curry and spicy chicken.



The streets of Oxford


Love this.


More Oxford.
Tuesday we went to Warwick Castle and went through the dungeons of despair... Actually it was the Dungeons of Warwick Castle. It was haunted. Anyone who knows me knows I do not like scary movies. Not even huanted houses. And I went to a HUANTED DUNGEON. Where actually people were killed. Needless to say, I was attached to Kacie by the hip. She was wonderful and Amy let me hold her hand. The Castle was way cool and we even saw a catapult throw a rock hundreds of feet. Way cool.


Kacie and I


Warrick Castle


Love them. They are so cute.


But we are cuter.


Dave and I liked the stocks


Amy and Kacie did not.


View from the top tower.

I will post soon about Kacie's wonderful friends we have been meeting. But Kacie wants the computer and is threatening my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment